Spring MAL 2023
February 23rd, 2023 • Blog • 0
There might still be cold out and the grounds covered in a thick layer of snow, but the days are getting longer and brighter.
We are soon going to be enjoying earlier sunrises, above-zero temperatures, sprouting plants and a new gardening season and to celebrate we are excited to host our Spring Make-Along!
This year’s theme will be ADVENTUROUS! This is the MAL to try a new color that has always tempted you, a pattern that has been on your queue or a new technique that picks your curiosity.
We will meet up in the MAL thread to share photos, chat, offer support and keep each other company this Spring.
The MAL will run from March 20 to June 20. You can cast on after the start date, for instance, if you make more than one project or, you know if you’re busy on the start date!
To enter :
- Enroll in the Ravelry thread and create a project page on Ravelry for each of your entries.
- Tag your project(s) with JulieAsselinSpringMAL23 on Ravelry and #JulieAsselinSpringMAL23 on Instagram
- Share pictures and chatter on your project(s) in the MAL thread on Ravelry
- Finish your project(s) by the end date. Or don’t! There will be prizes for WIPs too!
- Any project can participate, but only new projects (no older WIPs at this time)
- You need to use one Julie Asselin yarn in your project
- Are you in need of Julie Asselin’s Yarn for the MAL? You can check out the beautiful selections available at our retails and at our online store.
There will be prizes for both finished and unfinished projects! Prices will be drawn shortly after June 20.
If you are looking for inspiration, here are our favorite patterns for this season.
We hope you’ll join us!
- Ridgeland Pullover – Tamy Gore
- Between petals pullover – Teti Lutsak
- Sunny Swoncho – Olga Putano Designs
- Ilya – Caitlin Hunter
- Salty Air Tee – Samantha Guerin
- plants and birds and rocks and things – Catherine Côté
- Quill Tee – Tif Neilan
- Zelda Crop – Olga Putano Designs
- Harris – Tricot Design MCL
- Bloom Vest – Camilla Vad
- Kreuzberg – Rebekka Mauser
- Chore Vest – Jacqueline Cieslak
- Flair Isle Socks – Tanis Lavallee
- springfrost – thepetiteknitter
- Colourbar – Kindred Red
- Pressed Flowers Hat – Amy Christoffers
- Satama Shawl – Veera Välimäki
- Poseidon Ridge – Twin Needles
- Last Light – Stephanie Lotven
- Reverie – Dee Hardwicke