March is finally upon us. The March equinox signals the beginning of spring after the long winter months. We are soon going to be enjoying earlier sunrises, above zero temperatures and sprouting plants.
We can not wait to put away our winter coats and boots to bring out the summer wardrobe. This transition, however, can be quite challenging. We can smell in the air the arrival of spring, but it is still cold out.
For knitters, the transition to the warmer months also means a change in projects. It’s time to start planning for garments that are light, airy and easy to wear.
While we wait for those beautiful sunny days, let’s Make-Along our summer wardrobe!
The MAL will run from March 20 to May 31. You can cast on after the start date, for instance, if you make more than one project or, you know if you’re busy on the start date!
To enter :
- Enroll in the Ravelry thread and create a project page on Ravelry for each of your entries.
- Tag your project(s) with JulieAsselinSpringMAL20 on Ravelry – you can also use the tag on any other social media such as Instagram #JulieAsselinSpringMAL20,
- Share pictures and chatter on your project(s) in the MAL thread on Ravelry
- Finish your project(s) by the end date. Or don’t! There will be prizes for WIPs too!
Are you in need of Julie Asselin’s Yarn for the MAL? You can check out the beautiful selections available at our retails. We are also working on an exciting Etsy update in the next few days.
The final draw will follow shortly after May 31 st. You can join this Make-Along with any projects in any yarns.
If you are looking for inspiration, here are our favorite patterns for the perfect spring wardrobe.
- Baybridge by Marie Greene
- Falesia by Emilie Luis
- Winterfell Cardigan by Katrin Schneider
- Water Bearer by Jacqueline Cieslak
- Magnolia Hat by Camilla Vad
- Monday Socks by Josée Paquin
- Heart Warmer by Justyna Lorkowska
- 3 Leaves by Paula Pereira
- Azor by Orlane Sucche
- Floozy Too by Libby Jonson
- Correlate by Josée Paquin
- Always & Forever Pullover by Carrie Bostick Hoge
- a girl’s best friend by Isabell Kraemer
- Shindig by Sachiko Burgin
- Elsdale Scarf by Ariane Caron-Lacoste
- 89 Harbor by Gretha Mensen